We are looking for 15 highly motivated and talented students with a MSc degree who are interested in an ambitious multidisciplinary project on oncogenic G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). The purpose of this European Training Network is to educate and train ESRs to become the next generation of interdisciplinary GPCR scientists, skilled in the research methodologies and approaches of molecular modelling, proteomics, oncogenic cell signalling, drug discovery & development.
- Generously funded positions (duration 36 months) for 15 Early stage researchers (ESRs)
- High profile research projects in an Innovative Training Network Program
- Excellent facilities for research and education
- Research training in both academic and industrial settings
- Training in state-of-the-art scientific and transferable skills
- Intensive contacts with international collaborators & secondments in other research laboratories
ONCORNET is looking for candidates that:
- are highly motivated and talented
- are able to work in a multidisciplinary team
- are keen on intra-European mobility to perform PhD research abroad
- have good communication skills
Selection criteria of the candidate:
- fulfill the eligibility criteria (ESR, international mobility) for Marie Curie Innovative Training Networks (Horizon 2020)
- have a MSc degree in Life Sciences or obtain a MSc degree by September 2015
- have completed a research internship with relevant expertise
- have obtained high grades during his/her studies
- be fluent in English
2. Please send the following information (as one pdf file) to abovementioned contact persons:
- Detailed CV (include information on your BSc and MSc studies, languages, achievements, expertise)
- Motivation letter, addressed to the ONCORNET selection committee, explaining your motivation why you apply with us. You have to indicate which ONCORNET ESR projects you are interested in (please motivate your selection and indicate which has your preference).
- Provide contact details of at least 2 references (names, addresses, emails).
- Reference letter from one of the enlisted references
- Copies of your key educational certificates
- Transcript of Records (i.e. documents enlisting your performance as BSc and MSc student over time by listing the course units or modules taken, credits gained and the grades awarded). If you have not completed your MSc degree yet include all grades obtained so far.
If applicable provide a language certificate
Application is CLOSED
3. The applications will be assessed by the ONCORNET selection committee, in which all group leaders are represented. Candidates are in particular evaluated on creativity, originality, intellectual capacity and quality of CV and motivation letter. The selection committee also takes into account interdisciplinarity and international and gender balance.
4. Potential (Skype) interviews will be arranged with the group leaders associated with the ESR projects.
5. Expected start date ESR projects asap, ultimately Dec 31st 2015.